So, here we are back again to continue teaching some interesting facts for the next quiz night I go along to. Safe to say, I have not been invited back yet. I must have intimidated some of them with the amount of knowledge I carry around.
- Have you ever gotten angry at your parents as a child and held your breath? Wanting them to relent as you turned purple due to a lack of that valuable oxygen? Well it turns out that it is impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. Better luck next time.
- ‘Bless you’ is a common saying after a person sneezes. As it so happens. people say it due to the fact that your heart stops for a millisecond. I really am here hoping that some people didn’t know that so I do not look like a right ol chop.
- A bit of a left field fact here, but here it goes. The longest wedding veil was longer than 63 football fields, nearly 23 000 feet. I thought the food and alcohol cost a lot at a wedding.
- We all love our furry friends, but sometimes they don’t like us as much back. I am looking at you in particular cats. However, I may be able to shed some light on this. As it turns out, some cats may be allergic to people. I for one, am glad I found the reason that some cats dislike me.
- Ah, Scotland. Some of the things that come to mind include the Loch Ness Monster, Whiskey, a hard to understand accent and the site of Harry Potter. What might not come to mind is the national animal of this country, which, as it turns out to be, is the Unicorn. Nothing against this choice, I am fond of a good Unicorn myself, but don’t we choose real animals? Or can I choose a dragon?
India Today, Nomadsunveiled, Goodhousekeeping.